Low Income Tax Exemption Application
The Municipality of Cumberland Income Exemption provides assistance to homeowners to help pay their residential property taxes. Qualified applicants will receive a credit which is applied directly to their tax account.
- The ratepayer must own and occupy the assessed property as their principal residence
- Annual income from all sources for the 2017 calendar year for all household members must be equal to or less than $20, 803
- The Municipality requires a copy of the prior year’s Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment for all household members prior to approving an application
The exemption value:
- When the total household income is less than $18,373 the exemption shall be $314.
- When the total household income is between $18,374 and $20,803 the exemption shall be $217.
Please Note: Hosehold income is based on line 150 of the income tax Notice of Assessment
The complete Low Income Tax Exemption Policy and application form can be found below:
2018 Low Income Application
Low Income Tax Exemption Policy 16 03 Certified
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Upper Nappan Service Centre at (902) 667-2313.