Municipality of Cumberland Low Income Tax Exemption Policy
The Municipality of Cumberland Income Exemption provides assistance to homeowners to help pay their residential property taxes. Qualified applicants will receive a credit which is applied directly to their tax account.
- The ratepayer must own and occupy the assessed property as their principal residence
- Annual income from all sources for the 2018 calendar year for all household members must be equal to or less than $21,275
- The Municipality requires a copy of the prior year’s Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment for all household members prior to approving an application
The exemption value:
- When the total household income is less than $18,790 the exemption shall be $321.
- When the total household income is between $18,791 and $21,275 the exemption shall be $222.
Please Note: Household income is based on line 150 of the income tax Notice of Assessment
The complete Low Income Tax Exemption Policy and application form can be found on our website here. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Upper Nappan Service Centre at (902) 667-2313.