Update to preliminary tax sale deadlines
Earlier this month, the Municipality of Cumberland sent out preliminary tax sale notices on past-due accounts with a due date of March 27, 2020. In light of the current global pandemic and the resulting requirements to practice social distancing for health and safety, the deadline for those preliminary tax sales notices will be pushed to June 27, 2020.
The tax sale scheduled for April 28, 2020 will be postponed.
Water disconnections scheduled for Springhill customers for the week of March 23-26 will be postponed until the end of next quarter.
A reminder, anyone wishing to make a payment may do so with the following methods:
• Online via Paymentus (https://ipn.paymentus.com/rotp/MCC)
• Online via personal banking websites
• Telephone banking
• Mailing a cheque to the Upper Nappan Service Centre
• Using the Pre-authorized debit form (call for a copy to be mailed to you)
• Dropslot at the main doors of the Upper Nappan Service Centre