Along with regular maintenance of municipal wastewater and septage systems and the municipal building, public works staff takes on other major projects as necessary.
Pugwash Central Water Supply
In 2012, The Municipality of the County of Cumberland, in conjunction with the Pugwash Village Commission, began the process of creating a central water supply for the Village of Pugwash.
On July 29, 2015, the Municipality of the County of Cumberland and provincial and federal officials announced a $14.9 million project that will bring clean water to the Village of Pugwash. The project involves building a centralized water treatment plant as well as an associated reservoir and distribution system to the Village.
Residents and institutions in and around Pugwash currently rely on individual wells to supply drinking water. Many of these wells are contaminated with dangerous metals, including arsenic, lead and uranium, as well as elevated levels of chloride, making the water unsafe to drink. Once complete, this project will ensure the community has access to a clean and reliable supply of drinking water.
For more information about the Pugwash Water Supply Project please see the following:
Pugwash Water Supply Project
- pdf Schedule of Rates For Water and Water Services and the Schedule of Rules and Regulations for the Pugwash Water Utility (518 KB)
- pdf Pugwash Water Utility - Customer Connection Procedure (28 KB)
- pdf Water Contract (87 KB)
- pdf Specifications for installation (479 KB)
- pdf Letter to Pugwash Residents (335 KB)
- pdf Puwash Water Presentation 07 31 2015 (3.34 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Newsletter July 2016 (119 KB)
- pdf Proposed Pugwash Water Infrastructure (1.98 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Central Water Supply Construction Update 07 09 2016 (1.31 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Central Water Supply Construction Update 08 08 2016 (1.27 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Central Water Supply Construction Update 08 19 2016 (1.27 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Central Water Supply Construction Update 09 30 2016 (1.28 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Central Water Supply Construction Update 10 31 2016 (1.26 MB)
- pdf Pugwash Public CBCL Water Supply Investigation 07 24 2012 (1.67 MB)
For other resources such as guidelines for safe drinking water or the Pugwash and Area Community Master Plan see the following: